Specialist Speech & Language Therapists
This role is a fixed term contract (initially 6 months) with potential permanent position.
• A specialist post providing a service to adults with acquired disorders of communication and swallowing in the Acute and/or Community setting
• The post requires specialist knowledge of complex acquired disorders, e.g. Aphasia, dysarthria and dysphagia resulting from varied aetiology.
• The post holder will undertake diagnosis, assessment and treatment of patients with a range of speech, voice, communication and swallowing disorders. They will liaise and offer specialist advice as appropriate to a wide range of professionals.
• The post holder is responsible for the daily organisation of sessions and caseload.
• The post holder must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• The post holder must hold a minimum of a degree level qualification in Speech & Language Therapy and show evidence of study / experience at postgraduate level in the area of specialism.
• The post holder must have completed post graduate training in Dysphagia recognised by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
• The post holder should be registered with HCPC and should be a member of RCSLT
• The Acute element of the role is based at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford and the Community service is based at St Peter’s Hospital in Maldon but works across the Mid Essex area.
What we need from you?
• Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent
• HCPC registered
• Knowledge and adherence to local and national clinical guidelines