Specialist Speech & Language Therapists
• A specialist post providing a service to adults with acquired disorders of communication and swallowing in the acute setting
• The post requires specialist knowledge of complex acquired disorders, e.g. Aphasia, dysarthria and dysphagia resulting from varied aetiology.
• You will undertake diagnosis, assessment and treatment of patients with a range of speech, voice, communication and swallowing disorders. They will liaise and offer specialist advice as appropriate to a wide range of professionals.
• You'll be responsible for the daily organisation of sessions and caseload.
• You must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• You must hold a minimum of a degree level qualification in Speech & Language Therapy and show evidence of study / experience at postgraduate level in the area of specialism.
• You must have completed post graduate training in Dysphagia recognised by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
• There may be opportunities for rotational working across the other teams within the service which would necessitate a change in location and/or work setting e.g. in the Community Hospitals/people’s own home.
What we need from you?
• Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent
• HCPC registered
• Knowledge and adherence to local and national clinical guidelines