Surgical Care Practitioner
£300 - £700 Per Day
You will work as a member of the surgical team and may conduct surgical interventions delegated by the operating surgeon (as defined in the Curriculum Framework for the Surgical Care Practitioner) and is supervised by the consultant surgeon responsible for the episode of care.
The SCP may make clinical judgments about the care of patients reflective of their agreed competences and delegation by the surgeon.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a Surgical Care Practitioner to work flexibly in various London hospitals. As an agency worker you will play a key role in the running of a successful theatre, this is a great opportunity to gain experience in different hospitals.
The job requires flexibility, reliability and commitment. You must ensure you always maintain awareness of clinical and professional development and participate in nursing research to enhance patient care.
What we need from you?
• Registered by respective governing body, e.g. NMC, HCPC.
• Demonstrable skills and an underpinning knowledge - ideally within
Urology, and experience with robotics (Da Vinci)
• SFA accredited award
• Demonstrate competence defined by the Curriculum Framework for
the Surgical Care Practitioner.
• Passion for high quality patient care
• Flexible and reliable
The role encompasses pre, intra and post-operative care. Under the direction of a consultant surgeon, the SCP can:
• perform preoperative assessments, including clinical history taking
and physical examination
• enhance the communication links between theatre, patient and ward
• assist with the preparation of the patient, including urinary
catheterization and venepuncture, patient positioning and preparation
• provide assistance with surgical procedures
• offer some technical and operative procedures according to their
scope of practice
• arrange appropriate pre and postoperative investigations
• carry out post-operative care – including wound assessment and
• Top pay-rates
• Weekly payroll
• Holiday pay and pension scheme (for PAYE workers)
• Revalidation assistance
• Access to Private hospitals
• Access to NHS Framework hospitals
• 24 hours booking service with dedicated consultant
• Fastrack, streamlined and efficient compliance service
• Free mandatory training
• Free DBS Certificate